XR-15 Power Drawbar, HSK 63F Interface
- 15HP rated at full 480V-3 phase
- Operating range 1,000 rpm to 18,000 rpm
- Aggressive plunge rates, fixed pre-load (up to 600 in/min)
- 1” diameter capacity, power drawbar
- Push button manual quick-change or fixed position automatic rack/carousel
Housing & Construction
- high strength (32,000 tensile) cast iron outer housing to help maintain internal precision alignment;
- 15HP motor pack supplied by E+A (Switzerland), also used by spindle giants Fischer & IBAG
- cast iron provides unmatched system rigidity, quietness of cut and quality edge finish, maximizing tool & bearing life (compare to cheaper die-cast housings);
- machined/balanced shaft 19.5” long and up to 3.125” OD;
- 460 volt, 4-pole motor pack for full torque at lower RPMs;
- heat shrunk rotor for ideal internal balance;
- upper and lower balance rings that are precision balanced;
- balanced to operate at 80 decibels at full speed/no load.
OTT JAKOB Drawbar Assembly (Germany)
- OTT JAKOB draw bar assembly with precision front grippers interfaced to HSK 63F precision tool holder for unsurpassed gripping efficiency;
- Unlike tapered tooling (ISO/CAT), HSK grips from the inside on two contact surfaces. Retention force actually increases along with RPM and cutting load;
- Rear retention system with two stage air cylinder intensifier that produces 3,200 # of retention force;
- In 1974, Ott developed the power drawbar, which has been continuously improved to meet new application requirements.
- Today, 250,000 machines worldwide are operating with the Ott power drawbar.
Bearings & Lubrication
- two duplex 65 mm ID ceramic lower bearings;
- two duplex 40 mm ID ceramic upper shaft bearings;
- micro spray mist oil lubrication to the bearings (superior to grease which can contaminate bearings).